Bromley Park Dental & Implant Centre
Healthy gums and teeth
What is a dental hygienist in Bromley?
You should visit a hygienist as well as a dentist every 6 to 12 months to maintain optimum oral health.
If you neglect your dental hygiene, it may lead to some unattractive and sometimes painful symptoms developing including stained teeth, bleeding gums, bad breath, loose teeth and receding gums.
Keep your teeth and gums healthy and they will serve you well for life! Join the hundreds of other patients from Bromley, Beckenham, Chislehurst and throughout Kent and book a dental hygiene appointment today.
Want to learn more
At your dental treatment consultation
- Discuss any concerns you have.
- Go through your suitable treatment options.
- Discuss fees & finance options.
- Agree on a treatment plan.
0% FINANCE OPTIONS
What treatments does the hygienist in Bromley offer?
The dental hygienists at Bromley Park Dental and Implant Centre work to keep teeth and gums healthy and prevent oral diseases occurring. The most common treatments are:
Scale and polish
A professional scale and polish treatment removes the calculus from your teeth which left untreated could result in gum disease or tooth decay. The thorough polish removes unsightly staining which will give your teeth a fresher and brighter smile.
Gum disease is the most common reason for adults to lose their teeth. Your dental hygienist will check for any signs of gum disease including bleeding gums and a build-up of plaque.
Your dental hygienist can treat mild forms of gum disease. If gum disease is left untreated, it can lead to periodontitis which is the more severe form of gum disease and can cause tooth loss.
Bad breath or halitosis is caused by bacteria in your mouth. Your dental hygienist can give your mouth a thorough clean and talk to you about diet and lifestyle which can help overcome bad breath.
Help with cleaning
Your dental hygienist will always be able to clean your teeth more effectively than a regular brush. Our dental hygienists can use special tools to clean those hard-to-reach spots. They will also give advice on how to brush and floss your teeth thoroughly.
What are the benefits of visiting a dental hygienist?
Your dental hygiene is closely linked to your general health, so it is important to look after your oral health by visiting a dental hygienist regularly.
Regular visits to the dental hygienist at Bromley Park Dental and Implant Centre will:
- Give you a dazzling smile. Your teeth will be given a thorough scale and polish by a dental hygienist to brighten your smile
- Prevent and treat bad breath. A dental hygienist can give your teeth a complete clean to get rid of the bacteria in your mouth which causes halitosis
- Work with you to prevent gum disease. A dental hygienist can treat the mild forms of gum disease which is called gingivitis
- Remove plaque from your teeth. If plaque builds up on your teeth then it can cause tooth decay which can lead to cavities and eventually tooth loss
- Boost your general health. Oral health has links to your general health so by caring for your teeth and gums, you can help to prevent serious problems such as cancer and heart disease from developing
Start Your Smile Journey Today!
Our skilled, experienced and friendly practitioners, and access to the best dental technologies is a great combination for creating your brand new smile.
Book Your Appointment